The European Society of Phraseology with its seat in Zurich was founded in Bielefeld in January 1999.
The European Society of Phraseology is a non-profit organization under Art. 60 pp. Civil Law Code.
The society's objectives are:
- The organization of conferences on phraseology at least every three years.
- Exchange of information on European research in the field of phraseology, on conferences, recent publications, and current and future projects (larger projects as well as individual projects of members). The website of the society is an important medium for this exchange (www.europhras.org).
- Advancement of young scholars and support of research projects in the field of phraseology.
- Encouragemant of worldwide international cooperation among scholars working in the field of phraseology.
- Contact with other scholarly and scientific societies.
For more information, see the EUROPHRAS flyer.